These rolls are actually in the shape of a cigar and crispy.Generally we make dosa from the batter and fill the filling roll them and fry in oil.I have made a dough and roll the dough into thin sheet and do the rolling.I is crispier than the regular version.I've speacially made this for my daughter's b'day and within a seconds it vanished from the plate.ha ha ha nothing left for me to taste.But don't tell to anyone i ate 3-4 rolls in the kitchen itself while making it :p
You can use Rice paper sheets available in departmental stores.
For the dough:
Salt to taste
Carom seeds/ajwain-1/2 tsp
Warm water to make the dough.
Another method to make the spring rolls is to mix above given ingredients except ghee to make a thin batter with water.Heat a griddle/Tawa pour one scoop of batter roll them to spread and when it coats the Tawa pour out the excess and cook for only 2 mins on both sides.Do it like thin dosa/crepes.
For the filling:
Soy sauce-1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
Curry powder-1/2 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Mix equal parts of cornflour and water.
In a pan add oil and cumin to splutter add in onion,beans,carrot saute a while till half cooked add in mushrooms saute well till cooked well.Add redchilly powder,soy sauce,curry powder mix well to form a good filling add dashed pepper and set aside to cool.
To make spring rolls:
- Take a lemon sized ball from the dough roll them flat and a very thin round sheet...For rice paper sheets dip them in water and for crepes/dosa make it ready.
- Place them in a flat surface put a spoon of filling over one side.fold them in sides and fold again in centre to look like a cigar roll.Grease with corn starch and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the rolls till golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with a dipping sauce.
- To make simple dipping sauce Mix 1 tbsp tomato sauce, 1/2 tbsp red chilly sweet sauce(recipe follows later), salt a pinch, chopped coriender leaves mix well and serve.
spring rolls with rice paper