Old fashioned doughnuts #breadbakers
There are no other comparision with homemade doughnuts. I love to make doughnuts with yeast but I have to be patient till the yeast blooms and the dough rises. This old fashioned doughnuts is very quick and easy to make and contains not only the flour but also the potato and I have used pumpkin also to kindle the flavours.............
This post is for bread bakers, hosted this time by Holly bakers.
Recipe source: midwestliving
Potato- 2 peeled, boiled and mashed
pumpkin- 200 gms, peeled,boiled and mashed
Sugar- 3/4 cup
Flour- 3 cups
Milk- 1/4 cup
Baking powder- 2 tbsp
salt- 1 tsp
Oil for frying
Instant coffee powder - 1 tsp
water- 1/4 cup
vanilla essence- few drops
Powdered sugar- 1 tbsp
In a large bowl add potato mashed, pumpkin mashed mix them well add in powdered sugar blend them with a whisk becoz they will so sticky add in eggs beat well add milk too. Seive flour,baking powder and salt and add slowly to the mixture. Knead a loosen dough till non sticky and set aside for few mins.
Heat oil in a large skillet pan in medium heat and take a large amount of the dough roll and flat slightly then cut into doughnut shape. You can use a round lids for cutting doughnuts. Now fry in medium heat oil till golden brown and drain excess oil in absorbant paper.
Mix the ing. given for glaze and pour over the doughnuts and serve...........
- Braided Holiday Stollen from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Bran Muffins from Cali's Cuisine
- Christmas Morning Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Christmas Morning Sticky Buns from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- English Muffins from Ruchik Ranhap
- Fruity Butter Bread from Magnolia Days
- Gingerbread Breakfast Loaf from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Herbert’s Traditional Overnight Bread Loaf from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Old Fashioned Doughnuts from Cooking Club
- Onion Bagels from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Overnight Apple Fritters Monkey Bread from I Camp in My Kitchen
- Overnight Belgian-Style Yeast Waffles from A Baker’s House
- Overnight Brioche Cinnamon Rolls from Hostess at Heart
- Overnight Pecan Sticky Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Stollen Muffins from Baking in Pyjamas